A Take on the CoronaVirus from the Workers Compensation Research Institute (WCRI)
The Workers Compensation Research Institute (WCRI)’s annual
meeting was well attended…timing is everything. Many other events
have been cancelled or postponed, especially those on the west
coast – not to mention Italy, Iran, and Asia.
Here’s what we know about Covid-19 (the disease caused by the coronavirus) so far.
- There will be NO vaccine for at least a year – and likely more.
- It effects different people very differently, with some infected with the virus showing no disease symptoms, others severely ill or even dying.
- 110,000 cases worldwide confirmed
- 3,800 deaths – mostly among people who are elderly, have compromised immune systems, or underlying health problems especially pulmonary-related
- The virus has been identified in 97 countries
- China has seen a significant drop in new cases
What does this mean for you?
Don’t over-react. This isn’t Ebola or the Black Death – and may be significantly less deadly than the Spanish Flu of a century ago.
Travel isn’t a no-no.
What IS stupid/irresponsible/selfish is engaging with other people or being in public spaces if you feel ill.
To read the full article from WCRI, CLICK HERE.