A. Personal Injury 101
- Evolution of The Personal Injury Case.
- How Insurance Companies Analyze Personal Injury Medical
- Importance of Chiropractors in Personal Injury
B. Legal Landmines and How to be Compliant
- What is Insurance Fraud
- Special Investigations Unit Process
- Criminal Filing
- How to stay clear of liability
C. Personal Injury Practice in 2019
- 7 Things you must know before handling Personal injury cases
- Assignment of benefits and the new case law
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims
D. What the Doctor Must Know About PI Liens and Enforcement of
- Foundation and Planning – What the Doctor should do to assure
that the lien will be taken seriously and placed in line for
- Building Blocks of the Lien Process – What the contents and
verbiage of the lien should be. How early follow up and tracking
of the case should occur
- Finishing up – Enforcing the lien, strong negotiation tools,
E. Imaging and Its Relevance to PI
- Overview of the most common imaging modalities used in
musculoskeletal injuries – XRay, CT, MRI
- Basic MRI physics – How does an MRI work without any
- Relevance of using proper nomenclature in radiology reports
for personal injury cases.
- How MRIs may be “False Negative”, how that affects both
medical and legal case management in personal injury cases and
how to utilize proper techniques to minimize that problem.
F. What is Appropriate Evaluation/Diagnosis/Treatment?
- General classes of neck and back injuries
- Which examinations and procedures are helpful/required?
- Diagnostic codes that help or hurt the case
- Review of current best practices for neck and back pain
treatment and evaluation
- Home care measures
- Multi-modal care
- Which therapies have evidence they work, and which don’t?
- Trials of care & therapeutic withdrawal
- Co-management/referral issues
- Obtaining and documenting the history
- How to document clinically meaningful changes & when to
- What IME’s look for in your notes
- Bullet proofing your care with practice guidelines and
- How to get your care denied and not paid
- Documenting consent
- Red flags & yellow flags to consider- documenting factors
that delay recovery
- Documenting functional improvement
- Daily treatment notes: the good, the bad and the ugly
H. Prognosis and Future Care Explanations
- Epidemiology of neck and back pain- how long will it last?
- Maximum medical improvement: when, and what next
- Prognosis and your crystal ball
- Avoiding “maintenance” and “supportive care” terms
- What are reasonable treatment parameters for chronic