Message From the President
Welcome to the California Chiropractic Association!
The great Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group, which comprises more than 400 companies says, ”You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.”
It’s time for Chiropractors to claim the leadership role in healthcare and rise up with a cohesive message. The ultimate unifying direction will be when we choose to break down barriers that keep us from fully participating together as a team. In all our diversity, let’s collaborate to truly be a force to be reckoned with. In the coming months, you will enjoy initiatives aimed at clinical excellence for our California Chiropractors and accelerated offerings for our members.
CalChiro (formerly CCA) is a re-branded, inclusive, and restructured chiropractic start-up with new ideas that are relevant – for the future of chiropractic. I am inspired by forward thinking visionaries such as Elon Musk of PayPal, and his most notable company – Tesla. He says:
- Tip #1: Work Super Hard.
- I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.
- I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.
- When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- It’s OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.
- We’re going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I’m hell-bent on making it work.
Lastly, one more quote by Elon Musk, ”If you want to grow a giant redwood, you need to make sure the seeds are OK, nurture the sapling, and work out what might potentially stop it from growing all the way along. Anything that breaks it at any point stops that growth.” It’s time to mentor our young, create inclusive language that will knock down walls, and collaborate with partners that see our Big Idea!!!
The best way to predict the future – is to create it,
Leslie Hewitt DC, President
California Chiropractic Association